Magnetic Valve Box Lid Lifting Tool for Water or Gas Utilities, MVB-24
Magnetic Valve Box Lid Lifter Tool
This is a 24" long magnetic valve box lid lifter with a super strong Neodymium permanent magnetic end. The magnet has a 249 lb rated lifting capacity(1) that easily lifts standard 4 to 6" cast iron or steel valve box lids out of the valve box. The shaft is 3/4" solid steel, with a welded railroad spike T-handle. The spike end of the handle can be used for prying stuck lids, the head end can be used to hammer rusted lids loose.
- 24" long solid steel shaft reduces bending over.
- Very strong rare earth neodymium magnet for lid lifting
- Permanent magnet retains pick up power for the life of the tool
- T-Handle can be used for hammering or prying stuck lids
- Just tilt 45 degrees to easily slide off of the lid
- Steel shell protects magnetic pickup end
- Model MVB-24 by Utility Technologies
Magnetic ends are user replaceable. Call for replacement magnet kits.
Worker safety benefits:
- Save from repetitive knee or back injury by reducing kneeling and bending over.
- You are safer standing in busy roadways that kneeling by being seen and being able to react quicker to moving vehicles.
- Save your fingers from being pinched in the valve box finger holes
- Place lids easily back into the hole without bending over.
Bonus Waterworks Worker Uses:
- Find and pick up nuts, bolts, and other parts in the grass when working on fire hydrants.
- Lift broken metal or valve box pieces out of valve boxes or curb boxes up to 24" deep.
- Magnetically retrieve, nuts, bolts, or tools dropped into meter boxes, valve box, manholes, catch basins, or vaults. Stay dry and avoid pumping to find them when those items are underwater
- Lift small drain grates or tree grates.
- Easily pick up dangerous steel shavings when drilling, or metal filings on field work to prevent metal splinters.
(1) Magnet industry ratings are by pull power of flat sheet steel. Rough, rusty, or dirty surfaces of valve box lids will be somewhat less. However, the magnet size is optimized for average 5-1/2" Iron valve boxes.
We Also Recommend
12" Top Reading Folding Measuring Wheel with trigger brake and handle reset button - Ft. & Inches
12" Top Reading Folding Measuring Wheel, Professional Metal Frame Spoked Wheel - Foot Measurement